BALTIMORE (WJZ) — More than a game. WJZ, MASN and the birds are teaming up to help the Maryland Food Bank. It’s all part of WJZ‘s continuing community commitment.
For the past three days, baseball fans have been doing their part and donating money and food items.
Within the past two years, more than $50,000 in cash and nearly 14,000 pounds of food have been raised.
Nearly 500,000 Marylanders who go without food. Close to 200,000 of those are children.
Other Local News:
- Police Recover Large Amount Of Cocaine In Baltimore Drug Bust
- Winter Weather Advisory In Effect Today
- Fundraiser Held For Md. Woman Shot In Vegas Massacre; Recently Returned Home From Hospital
- Loyola Blakefield Cancels School After Racial Slur Is Etched Onto Bathroom Stall
- Maryland Gets OK To Expand Developmentally Disabled Service