BALTIMORE (WJZ) — More than a game. WJZ, MASN and the birds are teaming up to help the Maryland Food Bank. It’s all part of WJZ‘s continuing community commitment.
For the past three days, baseball fans have been doing their part and donating money and food items.
Within the past two years, more than $50,000 in cash and nearly 14,000 pounds of food have been raised.
Nearly 500,000 Marylanders who go without food. Close to 200,000 of those are children.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Police Seek Father Who They Say Murdered Infant Son
- Md. Court: New Trial Can Move Forward in Phylicia Barnes’s Death
- 10-Page Complaint Filed Against Marilyn Mosby Over Freddie Gray Investigation
- Ex-School Aide Indicted On 270 Counts In Sex Abuse Case
- Man Seriously Injured After Tree Falls Onto Passenger Bus in AACo.