BALTIMORE (WJZ) — More than a game. WJZ, MASN and the birds are teaming up to help the Maryland Food Bank. It’s all part of WJZ‘s continuing community commitment.
For the past three days, baseball fans have been doing their part and donating money and food items.
Within the past two years, more than $50,000 in cash and nearly 14,000 pounds of food have been raised.
Nearly 500,000 Marylanders who go without food. Close to 200,000 of those are children.
Other Local News:
- Man On Motorcycle Seriously Injured After Avoiding Collision With Pickup Truck
- Elderly Woman Dies In Early Morning Fire
- Family Looking For Answers Months After Son Hit By Car, Up Reward To $8K
- Area Pet Store Hosts Dog Wash-A-Thon For Hurricane Relief
- Bus Of College Students Catches Fire Along I-95 S In Howard Co.