BALTIMORE (WJZ) — More than a game. WJZ, MASN and the birds are teaming up to help the Maryland Food Bank. It’s all part of WJZ‘s continuing community commitment.
For the past three days, baseball fans have been doing their part and donating money and food items.
Within the past two years, more than $50,000 in cash and nearly 14,000 pounds of food have been raised.
Nearly 500,000 Marylanders who go without food. Close to 200,000 of those are children.
Other Local News:
- Church Nursery Volunteer Charged, Girl Says He Touched Her During Mass
- Citizens Help Police Capture Baltimore’s Public Enemy No. 1
- Baltimore City Council Takes Action Against President-Elect Trump
- Army Cadets And Navy Midshipmen Face Off At Patriot Games
- Hillary Clinton Warns About Hoax News On Social Media