BALTIMORE (WJZ) — More than a game. WJZ, MASN and the birds are teaming up to help the Maryland Food Bank. It’s all part of WJZ‘s continuing community commitment.
For the past three days, baseball fans have been doing their part and donating money and food items.
Within the past two years, more than $50,000 in cash and nearly 14,000 pounds of food have been raised.
Nearly 500,000 Marylanders who go without food. Close to 200,000 of those are children.
Other Local News:
- 3 Taken to Hospital Following Carbon Monoxide Leak
- Police: Man Tied Up Elderly Couple During Home Invasion
- Boy, 14, Charged with Stabbing Girl, 14, in Silver Spring
- Suspect In Delaware Trooper Shooting Killed By Police After 18-Hour Barricade
- The Power of the Pencil Takes on Fight Against Drug Addiction