Everyone was talking about the Orioles West Coast trip to start the second half of the season. How would they do in 10 games against 3 Playoff contending teams? Two of those teams had the best records in baseball. Well, we are 6 games in and the Orioles have went 3-3 in those games. I said when they went on the road trip, that I would be content with an even split in the ten games.
Many Orioles fans would say we should have swept the Angels (blew the game with 3 walks in the 8th inning) and should have won the series in Oakland (gave up a 3 run homer after a swinging bunt and a bloop in the 9th inning). That’s baseball folks. The Orioles are proving to me that we can play with the Big Dogs in the American League. Hell, they are showing me that we are one of the Big Dogs. Up next is Seattle in a 4 game set. It doesn’t get any easier as we will face Iwakuma and King Felix to start off the series.
I’ll be up late watching. Will you?
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Turner Goes 4 For 4 To Help Nationals Beat Orioles 9-7
- Orioles Designate Pedro Alvarez For Assignment
- Orioles Snap 9-Game Skid With 10-4 Win Over Marlins
- Realmuto Has 2 HRs, 4 RBIs; Marlins Sink Orioles 5-4
- Could Orioles’ Chris Davis Finish With Worst Season Ever By Full-Time Major Leaguer?