Everyone was talking about the Orioles West Coast trip to start the second half of the season. How would they do in 10 games against 3 Playoff contending teams? Two of those teams had the best records in baseball. Well, we are 6 games in and the Orioles have went 3-3 in those games. I said when they went on the road trip, that I would be content with an even split in the ten games.
Many Orioles fans would say we should have swept the Angels (blew the game with 3 walks in the 8th inning) and should have won the series in Oakland (gave up a 3 run homer after a swinging bunt and a bloop in the 9th inning). That’s baseball folks. The Orioles are proving to me that we can play with the Big Dogs in the American League. Hell, they are showing me that we are one of the Big Dogs. Up next is Seattle in a 4 game set. It doesn’t get any easier as we will face Iwakuma and King Felix to start off the series.
I’ll be up late watching. Will you?
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Orioles Called Up LHP Ashur Tolliver From Bowie
- Listen Live: Baltimore Orioles at Houston Astros [Live Audio] MLB
- Steve Davis: Orioles Dump Matusz, Save $3 Million
- Brittany Ghiroli On Trading Matusz For Minor League Pitchers
- Braves Get Draft Pick, Matusz From Orioles For 2 Prospects