BALTIMORE (WJZ)— After filing for bankruptcy, a boutique inn in Fells Point is getting reprieve.
Jessica Kartalija reports with the help of an A-list actor, the Inn at the Black Olive could thrive.
While in town shooting, actor Woody Harrelson made a change of his own.
“While I was doing ‘Game Change,’ I looked up a place I thought was an unusual name, called The Black Olive. I had one of the best experiences I’ve ever had at a hotel,” Harrelson said.
So he bought it. The inn has green architecture with geothermal heating, sustainable wood furnishings and a green roof.
“I feel like organic is a really important thing, Eco-consciousness is very important. Right now, you have the greenhouse effect and wild fluctuations with the weather and everything,” Harrelson said.
Just blocks from the Four Seasons and other large chain hotels, The Inn at the Black Olive ran into financial trouble.
The market, restaurant and 12 suite inn with spa bathrooms was sold at an auction after filing for bankruptcy.
Harrelson and business partner Jack Dwyer hope to turn things around while keeping the Eco-friendly brand.
Harrelson and Dwyer bought the property for $4.5 million.
Other Local News:
- Hurricane Maria Expected To Affect Mid-Atlantic Shores Next Few Days
- Trump Signs Proclamation Restricting Travel From 8 Countries
- NFL Players Protest National Anthem During Sunday Games Following President’s Comments
- No Charges In Fatal Maryland Police Shooting
- Lewis Scores 3 TDs As Jaguars Beat Ravens In London 44-7