BALTIMORE (WJZ)— After filing for bankruptcy, a boutique inn in Fells Point is getting reprieve.
Jessica Kartalija reports with the help of an A-list actor, the Inn at the Black Olive could thrive.
While in town shooting, actor Woody Harrelson made a change of his own.
“While I was doing ‘Game Change,’ I looked up a place I thought was an unusual name, called The Black Olive. I had one of the best experiences I’ve ever had at a hotel,” Harrelson said.
So he bought it. The inn has green architecture with geothermal heating, sustainable wood furnishings and a green roof.
“I feel like organic is a really important thing, Eco-consciousness is very important. Right now, you have the greenhouse effect and wild fluctuations with the weather and everything,” Harrelson said.
Just blocks from the Four Seasons and other large chain hotels, The Inn at the Black Olive ran into financial trouble.
The market, restaurant and 12 suite inn with spa bathrooms was sold at an auction after filing for bankruptcy.
Harrelson and business partner Jack Dwyer hope to turn things around while keeping the Eco-friendly brand.
Harrelson and Dwyer bought the property for $4.5 million.
Other Local News:
- BWI Continues To See Record Number Of Passengers; Adds Boost To Local Economy
- Police ID Man In Perry Hall Fight Video In Which He Appears To Have Gun
- Across The Globe, Rallies Against Trump, Sexual Misconduct
- Baltimore Police Injures 1 Of 3 Suspects In Overnight Shooting; 2 Apprehended
- 51-Year-Old Baltimore Man Dies From Shot To Head