ELLICOTT CITY, Md. (WJZ)—A Howard County teen charged in connection with the death of her father is set to appear in court Tuesday.
Morgan Arnold, 16, is accused of plotting with her boyfriend, Jason Bulmer, to kill her father and his fiancee.
Dennis Lane, a 58-year-old businessman and well-known blogger, was fatally stabbed inside his home last May. His fiancee, Denise Geiger, was unharmed.
Arnold’s lawyer will ask to have her case moved to juvenile court because of his “grave concerns about her mental health and her ability to participate in her own defense,”according to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun.
Arnold, a Mt. Hebron High School freshman at the time of the murder, was diagnosed with Asperger’s and an anxiety disorder.
Bulmer was a sophomore at the school. His father described him as “slow,” according to charging documents, which also state the couple “feloniously, willfully and with deliberately premeditated malice” plotted to kill Lane and Geiger.
Police said the daughter intentionally left the sliding glass door to their Ellicott City home unlocked so her boyfriend could enter in the middle of the night and stab her father to death.
During the attack, Geiger called for help. Bulmer was apparently covered in blood when officers arrived.
Bulmer later told police Arnold asked him to stab Lane 10 times in throat and Geiger 15 times in the throat.
He pleaded guilty to the murder and was sentenced last week to 30 years in prison.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Man Who Says He Went To NYC To Kill Black People Charged With Murder As Act Of Terrorism
- Maryland Lawmakers Vote To Ban Drilling Known As Fracking
- Youngest Of Suspects In Arnesha Bowers’ Murder, Found Guilty Of Robbery, No Other Charges
- Baltimore Small Business Owner Meets With President Trump
- Ghost Fleet Of Mallows Bay Nears ‘National Marine Sanctuary’ Status