UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (WJZ)– A Prince George’s County woman has been arrested for first-degree assault after police say she pointed a gun at a woman on the street.
Police say on June 17, Amani Barard was driving through the area of Allentown Road and Payne Drive in Fort Washington, Md., when she noticed a female walking.
Reportedly Barard had an ongoing feud with the female and exited her vehicle to entice the victim to fight. When the victim refused to fight, Barard allegedly brandished a black handgun and pointed it at the victim before driving away.
Deputies located Barard in the 14000-block of April Street in Accokeek, Md. She was taken into custody and transported to Prince George’s County Department of Corrections.
Barard, an Accokeek, Md. native, was arrested last week and has been charged with first-degree assault, second-degree assault, firearm use and handgun in vehicle.
Other Local News:
- Shark Alert! Warnings High- And Low-Tech Seek To Protect
- Maryland Zoo Says Hobbes, Its African Leopard, Has Died
- Police: Man, 32, Shot Multiple Times In Perry Hall
- FIRST WARNING WX: Bonnie Weakens to Tropical Depression; Flood Watch Issued For Parts Of Md.
- Authorities Investigating Near Drowning of 9-Year-Old Girl In Baltimore