ELLICOTT CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A Howard County teen charged with plotting to kill her father will be tried as an adult.
The judge denied prosecutors’ request to move 16-year-old Morgan Lane Arnold into the juvenile system.
Arnold was just 14-years-old when her then-boyfriend stabbed her father, Dennis Lane, to death.
Prosecutors say they planned the killing because Arnold was sick of her father.
The judge says Arnold needs serious mental health treatment.
If she was moved to the juvenile justice system, her treatment would end at age 21.
Arnold is charged with first-degree murder. Her trial is set to begin next Monday.
Last month, Arnold’s then-boyfriend, Jason Bulmer, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder. He was sentenced to 30 years in prison.
Other Local News:
- Crews Investigating Suspicious Package At BWI Airport
- 400 Dundalk Homes, Businesses Without Water During Water Valve Repairs
- Boaters Catch Video Of Bear As It Swims Across Maryland Lake
- Storm Leaves Downed Trees, High Water In Baltimore County
- Family, Friends Mourn Loss Of Young Mother, 2 Kids In Apartment Fire