ELLICOTT CITY, Md. (WJZ) — A Howard County teen charged with plotting to kill her father will be tried as an adult.
The judge denied prosecutors’ request to move 16-year-old Morgan Lane Arnold into the juvenile system.
Arnold was just 14-years-old when her then-boyfriend stabbed her father, Dennis Lane, to death.
Prosecutors say they planned the killing because Arnold was sick of her father.
The judge says Arnold needs serious mental health treatment.
If she was moved to the juvenile justice system, her treatment would end at age 21.
Arnold is charged with first-degree murder. Her trial is set to begin next Monday.
Last month, Arnold’s then-boyfriend, Jason Bulmer, pleaded guilty to first-degree murder. He was sentenced to 30 years in prison.
Other Local News:
- A Look Back On The 5 Year Anniversary Of Maryland’s Derecho Storm
- Naval Academy Class Of 2021 Arrives For Induction Day
- US Demands More Security On International Flights To US
- Stunning Footage Gives New Views Of Deadly Police-Involved Shooting In Dundalk
- Amtrak Services Resume After Fatal Accident Investigation