BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore’s top cop takes down a suspect after a shooting.
It happened as Commissioner Anthony Batts and his detail were driving between community events on Belair Road.
According to our media partner, The Baltimore Sun, two men darted into traffic, one with a gun drawn at the other.
That’s when Batts emerged from his car, ordering the man to drop his weapon. He complied.
The suspect was taken into custody while the other man ran. He collapsed at the corner of Belair Road and Cliftmont Avenue–shot at least once.
The victim was reportedly alert and conscious when he was taken to an area hospital. His condition is not known.
This is the third incident in which Batts has been personally involved.
Earlier this year, the commissioner punched and disarmed a man. He also pulled a woman and her child from a car that had flipped over.
Other Local News:
- Police Make Arrest In Deaths of 3 Girls Under The Age Of 10
- Skimming Devices Found In Howard County Gas Pumps
- Md. Emergency Crews Respond To Possible Lightning Strikes, Flooded Areas During Severe Weather
- Father Of American Killed In Barcelona: ‘I Just Don’t Understand’
- Ocean City Mayor Invites Mark Zuckerberg To Visit