BALTIMORE (WJZ) — It’s the eve of the grand opening of the new Horseshoe Casino in Baltimore. Monday, WJZ got a preview of what visitors will see when the doors officially open Tuesday night.
Jessica Kartalija has more.
Behind a wall of bronze bamboo are private rooms for high rollers and a hand-carved wall mural with running water. It’s what General Manager Alex Dixon explains is so much more than just fun and games.
“We were able to deliver on a promise, deliver on a goal to hire 50% of our employees from the city of Baltimore,” Dixon said. “The employees and the whole team are amped up and ready to go and to show what we can provide to Baltimore.”
The casino has more than 100 table games, a 25 table poker room and 2,500 slot machines.
There’s really something for everyone. You have penny slots and some, for high rollers, that start at $500.
And when you’re hungry, look no further. In the Baltimore market place, there’s a little something for everyone.
“We’re grateful enough to have the first 24 hour bar,” Dixon said.
With a bar open around the clock and a staff on the ready, the Horseshoe is stocked and ready to roll.
“We are building something that we hope will be a catalyst for this area. We are part of a broader group of things going on in Baltimore that are great stories,” he said.
The parking lot opens Tuesday night at 8. The casino opens its doors—and plans to remain open 24/7—Tuesday night at 9.
Other Local News:
- Suspect In Custody After Neighbor Reportedly Hears Loud Sound, Bomb Squad Investigating
- ‘This Generation’s Tobacco Product’: New Ad Campaign Challenges Sugary Drinks
- Baltimore Tattoo Museum Raises Over $12K For BARCS With “Tats For Tails”
- Authorities Searching For Man Who Walked Away From House Arrest
- Armed Men Arrested After Fleeing Scene Of Shooting, Crashing Into Building