JESSUP,Md. (WJZ)– A Howard County Detention Center inmate is charged fter he attempted to coordinate a plan to have two people killed outside the jail.
Police received a tip that Bernard Perez-Garcia was looking for someone to kill his girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend and the ex-boyfriend’s mother. An undercover detective met at the jail with Perez-Garcia posing as a prospective “hitman” for the job.
When the undercover detective met with Perez-Garcia he made it known that he wanted two people on the outside killed. He continued to tell the detective that he wanted the case to look like a robbery at a store owned by the victims in Langley Park. Perez-Garcia then gave the detective the male victim’s name and his car description. He then advised the detective that he would settle the payment after the hit was completed.
Perez-Garcia was originally in jail on federal immigration violations. He now is facing two counts of solicitation to commit first-degree murder and remains in the Howard County Detention Center without bond.
Other Local News:
- Noodles & Co. Reveals 26 Md. Locations Exposed To Data Breach
- Ospreys Displaced By Lightning Strike Moving Into New Home
- Baltimore Man Charged With Attempted Murder in Dice Game Shooting
- Firefighters Rescue Cat Trapped Inside Burning NE Baltimore Home
- Rescuers Free Driver Trapped in Car After Rollover Baltimore Co. Crash