BALTIMORE (WJZ)– A man suspected of sexually assaulting and brutally beating a 60-year-old woman has been arrested.
Corey Braxton, 23, was wanted for a rape that took place in the 1900-block of W. North Avenue on August 26. During the incident, a 60-year-old woman was brutally beaten and sexually assaulted. The victim suffered serious trauma and was treated at an area hospital.
Multiple members of the community assisted in the investigation by coming forward with information about the vicious assault.
Braxton has been charged with first-degree rape, assault and burglary. He is currently being held without bail at the Baltimore City Detention Center.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Mayor Replaces City Police Commissioner Kevin Davis
- Police Investigating Perry Hall High Incident That Appears To Have Involved Gun
- New Crackdown Aims to Jam Inmates’ Illegal Cell Phones
- Dumped Patient’s Lawyer: The Hospital ‘Left My Client To Die’
- Chelsea Manning Officially Files For US Senate Race