ROSEDALE, Md. (WJZ)—A 32-year-old Baltimore man has been charged in the June 20 stabbing death of his pregnant girlfriend in her Rosedale home.
Kenneth Walter Worrell III of the 5800-block of Lillyan Avenue in Baltimore, has been charged with first-degree murder and is held without bail at the Baltimore County Detention Center.
The victim, Summer Shemida Smith, 33, of the unit block of Travis Court in Rosedale, was nine months pregnant when she was killed.
The victim was found by her mother, bloody and unconscious, in the basement of the Travis Court home at about 7:30 p.m. on June 20; Smith was pronounced dead at the scene by BCoFD EMS personnel. An autopsy by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner found that Smith suffered multiple injuries, including puncture wounds.
Detectives were able to link Worrell to the crime when DNA tests showed that blood stains on a bank receipt found in Worrell’s car and dated the day of the murder belonged to Smith.
The Baltimore County State’s Attorney will review this case to determine additional homicide charges for the death of the unborn child.
Other Local News:
- Confederate Names At Naval Academy Could Face Rough Seas
- Special Stench: Corpse Flowers Blooming At U.S. Botanic Garden
- Baltimore Mayor, Commissioner Discuss Crime Plan Amid Record-Shattering Violence
- City Unveils 1st 21st Century Baltimore City Public School
- Lotto Fever In Maryland As Powerball Jackpot Swells To $700M