BALTIMORE (AP) — Fire officials in Maryland say the Light House homeless shelter was evacuated last week after a chemical was poured down a drain.

The Baltimore Sun reports that an Annapolis fire statement says Annapolis and Anne Arundel County fire departments were dispatched to The Light House homeless prevention support center for a report of a chemical smell coming through the vents March 3.

Officials say the source of the odor was coming from a utility room and believed to be something poured down the drain.

No injuries were reported to occupants or fire personnel.

Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook

(© Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
CBS All Access
Download Our App

Watch & Listen LIVE