Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- Survey: Primary Care Doctor Shortage Result Of ACA A shortage of primary care doctors has emerged as thousands of people gained insurance through the Affordable Care Act, according to a new survey.
- Things To Know For Maryland's Health Care Sign Up Thousands of Maryland residents already have started shopping for health care plans on the state's extensively revamped exchange website, which opened last week for browsing without any reported problems.
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- New Subpoenas Into Md. Health Care Exchange Issued The investigation continues into Maryland's troubled health exchange. A top contractor who built the website says a federal agency looking into the problems has now asked for internal documents.
- Congressman: Md. Health Exchange Under Review For Possible Fraud A Maryland Congressman says subpoenas are being issued in a federal investigation into Maryland's health exchange. He believes there was fraud in the system that cost taxpayers millions but didn't work right at the start.
- Justices: Can't Make Employers Cover Contraception The Supreme Court rules some businesses don't have to provide contraceptive coverage to female employees under the Affordable Care Act if the business owners have religious objections to it.
- Court Rules Catholic Benefits Association Exempt From Contraceptive Mandate The court rules all employer members of the Catholic Benefits Association exempt from the Affordable Care Act’s birth control mandate.
- Health Secretary Nominee Faces Cordial Senators President Barack Obama's pick to be the nation's new health secretary faced some pointed questions Wednesday over the health care law, but she also won praise as Republican senators largely passed up the chance for an all-out assault on "Obamacare."
- Healthcare Advocates: Md. Insurance Sign-Up A Success Healthcare advocates are calling the state's affordable care sign-up a success. With the release of the latest numbers comes a campaign to encourage those who may still qualify for part of the program to sign up.
- Md. Audit Released On Health Exchange Problems; State Health Secretary Testifies Maryland auditors who examined the state's badly flawed health exchange website were given redacted documents to review and produced a report that is limited and provides an incomplete understanding of the development of the site, the state's...