Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- Justices: Can't Make Employers Cover Contraception The Supreme Court rules some businesses don't have to provide contraceptive coverage to female employees under the Affordable Care Act if the business owners have religious objections to it.
- Court Rules Catholic Benefits Association Exempt From Contraceptive Mandate The court rules all employer members of the Catholic Benefits Association exempt from the Affordable Care Act’s birth control mandate.
- Health Secretary Nominee Faces Cordial Senators President Barack Obama's pick to be the nation's new health secretary faced some pointed questions Wednesday over the health care law, but she also won praise as Republican senators largely passed up the chance for an all-out assault on "Obamacare."
- Healthcare Advocates: Md. Insurance Sign-Up A Success Healthcare advocates are calling the state's affordable care sign-up a success. With the release of the latest numbers comes a campaign to encourage those who may still qualify for part of the program to sign up.
- Md. Audit Released On Health Exchange Problems; State Health Secretary Testifies Maryland auditors who examined the state's badly flawed health exchange website were given redacted documents to review and produced a report that is limited and provides an incomplete understanding of the development of the site, the state's...
- Md. Moves To Revamp Flawed Health Exchange A Maryland board voted Tuesday to replace technology in the state's badly flawed health-exchange website instead of fixing its current system or partnering with the federal health care exchange.
- Deadline Approaching To Enroll In Md. Health Exchange There are just a few hours left to enroll in private health insurance through the Maryland Health Connection.
- Battle Against Time: 4-Year-Old Needs Heart Transplant Every day--every hour--could make a difference in the life of little Madison Parrott. It's a battle against time for the 4-year-old, who is at the top of the waiting list for a lifesaving heart transplant.
- Election Watch: Will Obamacare Hurt Democrats In 2014? Less than a year from now, voters head to the polls for the 2014 midterm elections.
- Obamacare Key Dates In 2014 Implementation of the health reform law continues through 2014 with these key dates.