Expert Legal Advice
Expert Legal Advice
- Legal Q&A: Gifting And VA Planning For Aid And Attendance If you have not structured the gifts to create either no period of ineligibility or very minimal period of ineligibility, then you create a penalty for Medicaid you do your VA pension gifts.
- Legal Q&A: Countable Income For VA Aid & Attendance Benefits The VA does not consider the Long-Term Care insurance payments as income.
- Legal Q&A: Veterans Benefits For Assisted Living The surviving spouse of a veteran who served at least 90 days of consecutive active duty service, at least one day of which was during wartime, may qualify for a non-service connected pension from the Veterans Administration.
- Legal Q&A: Revocable Trusts And Payable On Death Accounts The premise behind the payable on death account is that when the account holder dies the account will legally belong to the beneficiary.
- Legal Q&A: Trust or Will? Everyone should have a will, but not everyone needs a trust.
- Legal Q&A: Nursing Home Rehabilitative Care The current facility is moving him out this week because he isn't making any improvements and his medical insurance will be cut off.
- Legal Q&A: Elder Care Planning My husband and I are in our mid-60s, are in good health, own our home and have some retirement savings.
- Legal Q&A: Long Term Care Payment Options What are the financial options that are available to us for paying for long-term care for our elderly parents?
- Legal Q&A: Competency To Execute Legal Documents Question: "My father is 95 years old and has Dementia/Alzheimer's. He cannot read or write, but recently granted Power of Attorney for his finances to my older brother. This was done in secrecy and did not take the rest of the family into...
- Legal Q&A: Family Controversy; Family Mediation My sibling has taken over my mother’s house and her bank funds and has placed my mother in a nursing home where she is kept overmedicated.