Health Topic Center
CBS Baltimore Health News
- Ron Matz, Charlestowne Retirement Community Accept ALS Ice Bucket Challenge If you haven't been under an ice bucket lately, you've probably been under a rock. The Ice Bucket Challenge has social media on fire, raising millions for the ALS Association.
- Study: Women Entering Pregnancy In Poor Health Less Likely To Breastfeed More women in the United States are choosing to breastfeed their kids. But new research from the University of Minnesota is shedding some light on the overall health of pregnant women.
- WJZ’s Linh Bui & Marty Bass Take On The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge The videos are all over the internet: people dumping buckets of ice water over their heads. It's all for a good cause. The ALS "Ice Bucket Challenge."
- What Robin Williams' Death Tells Us About Parkinson's Disease Williams passing has shed light on his overall health; both mental and physical.
- How Common Is Depression? Nearly 60 million people experience a mental health condition every year. But only a fraction of those conditions are ever detected.
- Fort Detrick Lab To Study Ebola Treatment Researchers at the Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) at Fort Detrick are planning a study on an experimental drug that was given to two American aid workers to treat the Ebola virus.
- Study: Metabolism Can Be Boosted By Adjusting Thermostat A new study published by the American Diabetes Association shows something as simple as lowering your thermostat can jump start your metabolism.
- FDA Warns Tattoo Ink Can Cause Infection Thinking about getting inked? Check the bottle first.
- 'Ice Bucket Challenge' Hopes To Raise Awareness Of ALS From social media to millions: the viral videos of people dumping ice cold water over their heads has translated into big money for non-profits.
- School Year About To Start; Have Your Kids Gotten Their Vaccines? Summer is winding down and that means school is just around the corner. With a new school year comes new health rules.