- President Obama Appoints UMBC President As Chair Of National Education Commission President Obama has named UMBC President Freeman Hrabowski chair of the newly created President’s Advisory Commission on Educational Excellence for African Americans.
- UMBC: GRAY NEW WORLD Students in the Erickson School’s Project 2061 class have high expectations for technology and its power to meet human needs. Working across disciplines, they’ve created new possibilities for the future of senior care.
- UMBC: Empowerment Through Computing UMBC students and faculty proudly participated in the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Conference.
- Oral, Visual History Exhibit Showcases Civil Rights In Baltimore “For All The World To Hear” is the name of a project at UMBC featuring personal stories about the civil rights struggle in Baltimore.
- Beyond The Textbooks: What's Really Working In The Classroom? The U.S. lags behind other countries when it comes to preparing students for science, engineering and math courses. One group of writers believes that more media attention could boost the number of interested students.
- U.S. News & World Report Ranks UMBC No. 1 Up-And-Coming University In The Country Maryland universities are climbing the ranks, according to a new list of top colleges.
- UMBC President Named In Time Magazine's Top 100 Most Influential People Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Freeman Hrabowski. The president of the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) now stands among the world's most influential leaders.
- 5 Maryland Colleges Honored For Being A Good Value If you've ever written out that check, you know that sending a kid to college can produce some eye-popping figures.