FIRST WARNING WEATHER: Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory What To Expect | Read Story | Current Conditions | Video Forecast | Radar | School Closings & Delays | Send Us Your Pictures | Listen to WNEW 99.1 FM NCAA TOURNAMENT: Sign Up To Play The Bracket Challenge | NCAA Tournament Coverage | Twitter Wall
Watch + Listen
Watch + Listen
- Baltimore Archdiocese Holds Event To Mark Pope Francis' First Anniversary This week, about 3,000 people are expected to attend an event at Loyola University marking the first anniversary of Pope Francis.
- Some Want Bay Bridge To Have Only Electronic Tolls As many Maryland drivers know, summertime at the Bay Bridge usually means long lines, but now a bill is on the table to ease those traffic tie-ups.
- Weekend MARC Trains From Baltimore To D.C. Break Ridership Records The MARC trains from Baltimore's Penn Station to Washington's Union Station continue to see more riders on the weekends. This comes after a few months of extended Saturday and Sunday service.
- Snowy Owls Captured Near Martin State Airport Concern in the skies. Wildlife officials are working with local airports to capture a growing number of Snowy Owls. The arctic birds are a rare sight here in Maryland and pose a serious danger to airplanes.
- 81-Year-Old Great-Grandmother Jailed For 2 Days For Pet Violation An 81-year-old great-grandmother is placed behind bars for a minor pet violation committed nearly a year ago. The Harford County woman says she tried paying thousands of dollars in fines but couldn't afford them.
- Jake's Law: House Votes To Increase Penalties For Drivers Texting While Driving The negligence of texting while driving could carry stricter penalties as Jake's Law moves through the General Assembly.
- The Coddie Crew Cooks Up A Lenten Fundraiser For St. Casimir School Cod fish and crab cakes and a whole lot more. It’s all part of a major Lenten fundraiser at a Canton school.
- Researchers Develop Blood Test To Diagnose Concussions A breakthrough that could make diagnosing concussions easier and faster. Researchers have developed a new blood test.
- Police Warn Those Planning To Celebrate St. Paddy's Day Downtown It's turned into one of the biggest weekends for partying in Charm City. St. Patrick's Day festivities get underway on Saturday.
- Francis Factor: Catholics Celebrate The Pope’s 1-Year Anniversary The Francis Factor: one year ago, cardinals chose Pope Francis as the new leader of the Catholic Church. What a year it's been for the 1.2 billion faithful worldwide as the new pope has energized them.
- Springtime In Paris: Women’s Only Event Pairs Food With French Wine With the winter we've had, spring can't come soon enough. A restaurant has an idea to make the first day of spring memorable for a room full of women.
- Inspirational Univ. Of Maryland Student Loses Battle With Brain Cancer A University of Maryland student who inspired people across the country has lost his battle with brain cancer.