- Car Hits Gas Meter in Bethesda, Forces Apartment Evacuation Montgomery County fire officials say a car struck a gas meter in Bethesda, Maryland, forcing residents of an apartment complex to evacuate the building.
- Yankees Still Chasing Home-Field Advantage After 9-2 Loss to O’s The Yankees failed to wrap up home field advantage, losing 9-2 to the Orioles on Saturday in the opener of a split-doubleheader.
- Annapolis Police Department Releases Mobile App The Annapolis Police Department has released a mobile app to more efficiently distribute relevant information to users.
- Ravens Trade for Receiver Help After Injuries The Ravens' receiving corps has suffered a handful of injuries, so the team addressed the position by trading for Chris Givens on Saturday.
- AACo Delegation Returns From Cuba A three-hour, non-stop flight from Cuba ended at BWI-Thurgood Marshall Airport for a team of Anne Arundel County delegates. The group traveled to the Caribbean nation this weekend to begin building new economic opportunities in Cuba.
- Hurricane Joaquin Menacing Bermuda The island of Bermuda is preparing for an encounter with Hurricane Joaquin.
- Car Hits Gas Meter In Bethesda, Forces Apartment Evacuation Montgomery County fire officials say a car struck a gas meter in Bethesda, Maryland, forcing residents of an apartment complex to evacuate the building.
- Gusty Wind May Add To Weather Risks On Soggy East Coast Flooding from days of record-setting rain along the heavily populated East Coast washed out bridges and homes and forecasters warned wind gusts topping 35 mph could down trees and power lines across the Carolinas and Virginia in coming hours.
- Dozens of Deaths Likely from Volkswagen Pollution Dodge Volkswagen's pollution-control chicanery has not been victimless, killing between five and 20 people in the U. S. annually in recent years.
- Navy Mile to Lead to Street Closures in D.C. A handful of streets in downtown D.C. will be closed Sunday morning for the Navy Mile, and police are asking drivers to consider alternate routes.
- D.C. VegFest to Take Place Despite Stormy Weather A free festival celebrating vegan eating will take place at Yards Park in Southeast D.C., despite rain that threatened to postpone or cancel the event.
- Addiction Awareness Rally to be Held in D.C. The National Mall will play host to a rally Sunday that aims to raise awareness for addiction in the U.S.
- Scherzer Throws His Second No-Hitter This Season Max Scherzer pitched his second no-hitter this season for Washington, striking out a team-record 17 and leading the Nationals over the NL East champion New York Mets 2-0.
- No. 22 Michigan Smothers Maryland 28-0 in Big Ten Opener Desmond Morgan had nine tackles and an interception, part of a dominating defensive performance by No. 22 Michigan in a 28-0 rout of Maryland on Saturday.
- Harper Homers, Nats Dent Mets’ Playoff Position Bryce Harper dented the New York Mets' playoff position, connecting in the eighth inning for his 42nd home run that sent the Washington Nationals to a 3-1 win Saturday in the opener of a day-night doubleheader.
- Pittsburgh holds off Virginia Tech, 17-13 Pittsburgh limited Virginia Tech to just 100 yards of offense Saturday in a 17-13 victory that opened both teams' ACC seasons.
- Yanks Swept By O’s, Still Chasing Home Field For Wild Card The New York Yankees failed to clinch home field in the AL wild-card game, getting swept in a day-night doubleheader Saturday by the Baltimore Orioles, 9-2 and 4-3.
- No. 22 Michigan Smothers Maryland 28-0 In Big Ten Opener Desmond Morgan fits perfectly in the middle of a Michigan defense that is fulfilling its quest to be aggressive and ornery.
- Yanks Still Chasing Home-Field Edge After 9-2 Loss To O’s Ivan Nova allowed five runs in another shaky start, a 9-2 loss to the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday in the opener of a split-doubleheader.
- Who Were The Fantasy Baseball MVPs And Cy Youngs In 2015? As the MLB regular season wraps up, so do your fantasy leagues. Hopefully, your team was able to survive and finish in the top spot(s) for a nice reward. If not, well ... there's always next year! Here's a quick look at which players were the...