Baltimore firefighters are doing a neighborhood smoke alarm sweep Saturday.
In a desperate attempt to raise awareness, the mayor and Baltimore City Fire Department hit the streets to install smoke detectors in hundreds of homes—just days after a West Baltimore fire took the life of a two-year-old boy.
Officials in Maryland say a man has died from injuries he received during a fire at his Princess Anne mobile home.
A reminder from the state fire marshal–always check the batteries in your smoke detector!
Pepco is donating smoke alarms to fire officials in Prince George’s County.
Prince George’s County fire officials say a 70-year-old man is dead after a fire in a Mount Rainer home.
A new law requiring a smoke detector on each level of a home is now in effect in Maryland.
A potentially life-saving effort is underway in Baltimore. The city is making it easier for residents to get working smoke alarms in their homes.