BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Maryland Department of Health on Monday released an updated list of locations to test for COVID-19.
The department opened two new testing sites Friday to keep up with an increased demand for testing amid a surge in new infections. All community testing sites are free.READ MORE: Missing Something? Try Checking BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport's Lost & Found
Here are testing opportunities in the area for the week of January 3, as provided by the MDH.
Anne Arundel County Department of Health
Except for the new Anne Arundel Medical Center site, which is walk-ups only, testing appointments are now required in Anne Arundel County. Walk-ups will not be accommodated.
- NEW: Anne Arundel Medical Center: South Pavilion, 2001 Medical Pkwy, Annapolis, MD 21401. Open Tuesday, Jan. 4 through Sunday, Jan. 7, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. NO APPOINTMENT – WALK UPS ONLY.
- Annapolis Exchange – (1955 Annapolis Exchange) – Open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and Tuesday and Thursday, 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Appointment ONLY. Pre-register.
- Glen Burnie – (6701 Baymeadow Drive, parking lot) – Open Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. each day. Appointment ONLY. Pre-register.
- Shady Side – (Lula Scott Community Center, 6243 Shady Side Road, backdoor) – Open Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Appointment ONLY. Pre-register.
Baltimore City Health Department:
There are testing options throughout Baltimore City offering barrier and cost-free services. Most of these are outdoor sites so they are weather permitting. Please dress accordingly.
- Hope City Church (631 Fleet St.) – Open Monday, Jan. 3, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m., weather permitting
- Village Baptist (100 S Hilton St.) – Open Tuesday, Jan. 4, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., weather permitting
- Franciscan Center (101 W. 23rd St.) – Open Wednesday, Jan. 5, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., weather permitting
- Erdman Shopping Center (3833 Erdman Ave.) – Open Thursday, Jan. 6, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., weather permitting
- State Center Site (300 W. Preston St.) – Open Monday, Jan. 3, Wednesday, Jan. 5, and Friday, Jan. 7, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m., indoors.
Further testing sites in Baltimore include:
- Nomi Health Care (419 W Baltimore St.) Open every day 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM Pre-registration preferred
- Accu Reference (3500 W. Northern Pkwy) Open Sunday-Thursday 12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pre-registration preferred Drive through and walk up
- Weinberg YMCA Waverly (900 E. 33rd St.) Open Friday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Baltimore County Department of Health:
- Randallstown – Liberty Family Resource Center (Resource Drive) – Monday, Jan. 3 and Friday, Jan. 7, 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Dundalk Health Center (Dunmanway) – Open Wednesday, Jan. 5, 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Drumcastle Government Center (York Road) (Note: Testing offered in trailer located behind the Mobil Gas Station) – Open Tuesday, Jan. 4 and Thursday, Jan. 6, 4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, registration is required for testing at all county health department testing locations. Schedule online at https://BaltimoreCountyMD.gov/COVIDTest
Harford County Health Department
NEW: UM Upper Chesapeake Hospital – 500 Upper Chesapeake Dr., Bel Air, MD 21014. Open Tuesday, Jan. 4 through Friday, Jan. 5, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. No appointment needed, walk-ups only.
This page can help you find additional testing services in the county for both insured and uninsured residents: https://harfordcountyhealth.com/testing-in-harford/
Howard County Health Department
The Howard County Health Department offers appointment-only COVID testing using Azova Saliva test kits on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the back entrance of its building at 8930 Stanford Blvd., Columbia.MORE NEWS: With Dangerous Wind Chill, Baltimore City Under Code Blue Extreme Cold Alert
More information may be found at https://www.howardcountymd.gov/covid-19-testing Appointments are now required for all future clinics and may be scheduled here. Due to extreme demand for testing services, no walk-ups will be accepted.