BALTIMORE (WJZ)– Hip hop legend Nas and DJs Glenn Morrison and Frank Walker have been added to the main stage lineup at the Preakness InfieldFest on Saturday, May 17 at Pimlico Race Course.
An 11-time Grammy nominated rapper, Nas has six No. 1 albums on the Billboard 200, tying him with Eminem and Kanye West for second all-time among rappers.
The 20th anniversary reissue of his 1994 debut album, “Illmatic,” has already climbed back to No. 1.
“Nas’ credibility and appeal as a superstar artist speaks to a broad range of devoted and loyal fans,” said Maryland Jockey Club president Tom Chuckas in a news release. “As he marks the 20th anniversary of Illmatic, one of hip-hop’s greatest albums, Nas continues to captivate audiences with his unique and personal style. We are thrilled to welcome him to InfieldFest.”
Walker and Morrison will open the main stage with electronic dance music.
Grammy winner Lorde will headline the main stage in the public infield at Preakness InfieldFest. Switchfoot, Eli Young Band, Sundy Best and Go Go Gadjet will perform on the Jägermeister stage.
For tickets and other information, click here.
Other Local News:
- First Warning WX: Hurricane Watch In Effect As Tropical Depression Nears Florida Gulf
- Parents Call For Portable AC Units For Baltimore County Schools
- Gov. Hogan Announces New Md. License Plate, Bay Crossing Study
- Labor Dept. Sues Md. Contractor Over Alleged Discrimination
- Agriculture Dept. Closes Office In Md., 4 Other States After Threats