ABERDEEN, Md. (WJZ) — Police say the suspect who opened fire at a Rite Aid distribution center in Aberdeen, killing multiple people, has died at the hospital after shooting herself in the head.
Authorities have identified the suspect as 26-year-old Snochia Moseley, who was a temp employee at the Rite Aid distribution center.
She lived in Baltimore County, according to police.
There was a sea of activity outside an apartment building that was one of the several addresses WJZ has learned Moseley called home.
One neighbor, who asked to not be identified, said she had brief interactions with Moseley during the few months she lived there.
“She was very nice, she always said hi. I felt she was okay,” The neighbor said.
WJZ spotted a convey of unmarked police cars stopping at one address in White Marsh.
Harford County Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler said the shooter reported to work as normal Thursday morning, before opening fire outside the building, then going inside. People were shot both inside and outside the business.
The gun used in the shooting was a 9mm Glock registered and owned by Moseley.
A woman said her father escaped Moseley’s assault.
“He started just running. People just start running and they say there’s a shooting there,” The woman said.
She later described what he described about her behavior at work.
According to witnesses, she had only been employed at the center a few weeks.
“She never spent time with them. She was by herself, just watching people,”
Her criminal record did not show much, besides some traffic violations, according to police.
Authorities have not yet determined a motive.
Seven people were shot, including the shooter, leaving three victims dead and three others hospitalized.
Moseley was taken into custody shortly after the shooting and was initially in critical condition at a local hospital, but Gahler said she later died.
Police say officers did not fire any shots after responding to the scene.
At least five people have been hospitalized to be treated for gunshot wounds.
Four people were taken to Johns Hopkins Bayview Hospital and one person was taken to Christiana Hospital in Delaware for treatment.
What We Know:
- Three people were killed, three others injured in a workplace shooting in Harford County.
- The shooting happened at the Rite Aid Distribution Center near Aberdeen.
- The call came in to police at 9:06 a.m.
- The lone female shooter died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- Five people are receiving treatment at hospitals in Baltimore and Delaware.
- A family reunification center is set up at the Level Volunteer Fire House, 3633 Level Village Rd. in Havre de Grace.
- The Harford County Information Hotline in the EOC (410-838-5800) has been activated for family & loved ones.