BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Looking for something fun to do with the family this weekend? Look no further: there are a number of events happening in the Baltimore area that are sure to get you and your loved ones in the holiday spirit or widen your horizons.
$1 Days At National AquariumREAD MORE: COVID-19 In Maryland: 932 New Cases Reported, 11 More Deaths
Check out the National Aquarium in Baltimore for just $1 per person this weekend! Tickets normally start at $30, so this is quite a deal!
The aquarium expects peak crowds during the event and tickets could sell out, so arrive early. Tickets are available in-person only at the aquarium’s box office starting at 10 a.m.
- What: $1 Days At National Aquarium
- Where: 501 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21202
- When: Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Cost: $1
P.S. The aquarium isn’t the only area attraction offering discounted events this weekend. Check out this list for all 13!
Washington Monument Holiday Lights
The stage is set and the lights have been hung: Baltimore’s Washington Monument is ready for the holiday season! While the official lighting ceremony happened on Thursday, the lights will be on display through the new year for all to enjoy.
- What: Washington Monument Holiday Lights
- Where: 699 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
- When: Daily through the new year
- Cost: Free
Towson WinterfestREAD MORE: 'An Incredible Therapy' | Hagerstown Doctor Says Monoclonal Antibody Treatment Provides Fast Recoveries For Some COVID Patients
One of the most visible parts of Towson’s Winterfest happened Friday night: the Christmas tree in the traffic circle downtown was lit LIVE on WJZ! Check out the tree as you stop by some of the other Winterfest activities.
Happening this weekend: have breakfast with the Grinch and Buddy the Elf!
- What: Breakfast with the Grinch and Buddy the Elf
- Where: Charles Village Pub, 19 West Pennsylvania Avenue, Towson, MD 21204
- When: Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon
- Cost: $6.99 for kids ages 2-9; $13.99 for those 10+
For a full list of Winterfest activities, click here.
Holiday Open House At Government House
Gov. Larry Hogan and First Lady Yumi Hogan are hosting a holiday open house at Government House Saturday afternoon. The event is free, but visitors are asked to consider bringing an unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots.
The First Lady and I invite you and your family to a Holiday Open House this Saturday at Government House! All are welcome free of charge, but we ask that visitors consider bringing an unwrapped toy for @MDSP to collect for @ToysForTots_USA.
Learn more: https://t.co/WCPZSUpddR pic.twitter.com/BLs4zo1D21
— Governor Larry Hogan (@GovLarryHogan) December 3, 2019
- What: Holiday Open House
- Where: Government House, 110 State Circle, Annapolis, MD 21401
- When: Saturday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Cost: Free
Christmas Village in Baltimore
Want to check out an authentic German Christmas village without flying across the ocean? This is the place for you! Baltimore’s Christmas Village opened at the Inner Harbor on November 23 and runs through December 24.
- What: Christmas Village in Baltimore
- Where: Inner Harbor between Harborplace and the Maryland Science Center
- When: Saturday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Cost: Free
For more information, click here.MORE NEWS: Rockville Police Officer, Maryland National Guardsman Daniel Morozewicz Arrested On Child Porn Charge
Written by WJZ digital content producer Logan Reigstad