WASHINGTON (WJZ) — A U.S. Secret Service employee has tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, the agency said Sunday night.
In a statement, the Secret Service said the employee is currently in quarantine and their health is being monitored.READ MORE: Young People Clean Up Behind Area In Baltimore Plagued By Illegal Dumping
- Coronavirus In Maryland: What We Know
- Coronavirus-Related Closings
- The Symptoms Of Coronavirus And What You Should Do If You Feel Sick
- LIST: EPA Releases Names Of Disinfectants You Can Use Against Coronavirus
- Coronavirus-Related Scams Are Going Around. Here’s What To Watch Out For
- Latest coronavirus stories from WJZ
“The Secret Service has conducted a comprehensive contact trace assessment and determined that the employee has not had contact with any Secret Service employee or protectee for nearly three weeks,” the agency said.
The employee’s name is not being released.MORE NEWS: State, Anne Arundel Leaders Tour Annapolis For Small Business Saturday