BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Maryland’s response to the coronavirus is the third-most aggressive of any state in the country, a WalletHub study found.
The study looked at each state’s responses to the pandemic ranging from school closures to shelter-in-place rules.
- Coronavirus In Maryland: What We Know
- Coronavirus-Related Closings
- The Symptoms Of Coronavirus And What You Should Do If You Feel Sick
- LIST: EPA Releases Names Of Disinfectants You Can Use Against Coronavirus
- Coronavirus-Related Scams Are Going Around. Here’s What To Watch Out For
- Latest coronavirus stories from WJZ
The state got high marks for having the largest epidemiology workforce per capita but was ranked near the very bottom for the quality of public hospitals.
Maryland came in behind Rhode Island and California in the latest rankings. Washington, D.C. came in at number 22, while Virginia came in 27th.
At the bottom of the list were Arkansas, Idaho, Tennessee, Nevada and Mississippi.