BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Weis Markets is joining a number of other grocery chains in the fight against hunger.
At checkout, customers have the option of rounding up their purchases to the nearest dollar, or donating a voucher to help support families in need.
- Coronavirus Resources: How To Get Help In Maryland
- What We Know About Coronavirus In Maryland
- Coronavirus Resources: Maryland To Provide Food For 427K Children Affected By School Closures
- Latest coronavirus stories from WJZ
- Coronavirus Resources: Here’s Where You Can Get Food Assistance In Maryland
The Weis Markets’ “Fight Hunger Campaign”, benefits regional food banks throughout its seven-state market, including the Maryland Food Bank.
WJZ is also working with the Maryland Food Bank to host a virtual food drive that is ongoing.
Your online donation will help make sure there is enough food for all of our neighbors in need. Please visit https://mdfoodbank.fenly.org/drive/wjz-virtual-food-drive/ to make a donation.