ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ) — For the third day in a row, more than 100,000 Marylanders have cast their ballots during the early in-person voting period ahead of the 2020 election.
The Maryland State Board of Elections said 159,426 people voted Wednesday.
Day 3 Early Voting Unofficial Turnout: 159,426! Vote early today? Download your MD "I Voted" sticker at https://t.co/g3ZkrSXzUv Learn more about early voting, Same Day Registration, and find an early voting center in your county/City of residence: https://t.co/z3gcjmfJjj #MDvotes pic.twitter.com/zFFjzxKAHn
— Maryland Elections (@md_sbe) October 29, 2020
The Maryland State Board of Elections said over 100,000 ballots had been cast by 4 p.m. on Wednesday.
More than 161,000 Marylanders cast their ballots on the first day of early in-person voting on Monday, breaking the state’s previous single-day record of 143,494 in 2016.
- ‘So Far, So Good’: More Than 161K Early In-Person Votes Cast Monday, Breaking Record, State Reports
- Gov. Larry Hogan Urges Voters To Cast Their Ballots Early and At Off-Peak Times
- Volunteers Will Be At Polling Places Across Maryland To Help Voters, Poll Workers Stay Safe From COVID-19
- Maryland Voting Guide: How To Cast Your Ballot For The 2020 General Election
- Maryland 2020 Election Guide: Where And When To Vote, List Of Important Races
On Tuesday, 153,493 people had cast their ballots by 8 p.m.
Those numbers don’t include the over one million Marylanders whose mail-in ballots have been received as of Tuesday evening.
We've received 1,015,944 mail-in ballots as of today! You can see the data at https://t.co/O2SzmNrHgp Have a mail-in ballot? Drop it in a drop box in your county or City at https://t.co/sYqHZUNkyz Don't forget to sign your voter oath! #MDvotes #VoteByMail #MailInBallots ✉️🗳️📬🇺🇸 https://t.co/V9pxfwur0B
— Maryland Elections (@md_sbe) October 27, 2020
The Maryland State Board of Elections recommends voters drop their ballots in the mail directly with the US Postal Service.
They accept ballots that are postmarked by November 3 and received by November 13.