BALTIMORE (WJZ/AP) — Four fans who unfurled a banner in a baseball stadium supporting President Donald Trump’s reelection were escorted out of a Baltimore Orioles game by police and stadium officials.
A photo taken by Nathan Ruiz at the game shows the fans hanging the red, white and blue banner with the words “Keep America Great!” and “Trump 2020″ during the eighth inning at Camden Yards.
There are some people hanging a “Trump 2020” sign over the second deck in Oriole Park. Very little effort has seemingly been made to remove it despite a small “Take it down” chant breaking out. pic.twitter.com/zciuu1RRkw
— Nathan Ruiz (@NathanSRuiz) August 2, 2019
The banner remained up for less than 10 minutes as other fans shouted “take it down!”
- Rep. Elijah Cummings’ Baltimore Home Burglarized, Police Say
- White House Tweets Baltimore’s Murder Rate Is Higher Than Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala
- Rep. Elijah Cummings Visits Baltimore Constituents In Waverly After Trump Tweet Fallout
- Ben Carson Booted From Baltimore Church Property
- Nancy Pelosi Defends Baltimore Hometown, Calls Kushner A ‘Slumlord’
- Trump lashes out about Baltimore on Twitter
Camden Yards’ policy says no banners can be hung in the stadium to keep from obstructing views, and that banners can be confiscated if their message is commercial, political or “in bad taste.”
(© Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)