BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Baltimore Orioles have agreed to a one-year deal for the 2021 season with outfielder Trey Mancini.
Mancini’s contract is worth $4.75 million, a source told MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand.READ MORE: Referee To Rocket Scientist: Adrian Hill Talks About The Pressure On And Off The Field
Mancini, 28, was diagnosed with stage three colon cancer in March and started chemotherapy the following month, missing the entire 2020 season.READ MORE: Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan To Hold COVID-19 News Conference Tuesday At 1 P.M.
- Orioles Outfielder Trey Mancini Has Stage 3 Colon Cancer, Undergoing Chemotherapy
- ‘F16HT’: Teammates Surprise Orioles Outfielder Trey Mancini With Message Of Support Amid His Cancer Battle
- Orioles Star Trey Mancini Promises To Keep Fans Updated After Leaving Team Due To Medical Issue
- Baltimore Orioles Trey Mancini Had Malignant Tumor Removed, Lab Results, Recovery Timetable Unknown
- ‘I’m Really Thankful’ | Orioles Star Trey Mancini Thanks Fans For Support After Undergoing Surgery To Remove Malignant Tumor
Just over five months after starting chemo, Mancini wrapped up treatment.MORE NEWS: Some Maryland Students Head Back To Classroom As Hybrid In-Person Learning Begins
Mancini had a breakout season in 2019. He hit .291/.364/.535 with 35 home runs and 97 RBIs in his age-27 season.